Eyebrow-Pencil
Sunday, April 22, 2012

  Ms Jelena's Blog: Review: 1000Hour Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit
My eyebrows are a lot lighter than my hair and I always have to fill them in. I don't particularly mind this, but I find it rather difficult to find a suitable colour (i.e. greyish/washed out black). The only eyebrow pencil that I have been happy with is Savvy by DB (the Priceline brand) in grey and now it's gone while they re-introduce the brand and, God forbid, change the colour!!!

I've read reviews and decided to give 1000Hour Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit a go because it had lots of positive reviews everywhere. I wanted to get it in blue black colour, but Priceline didn't have any, so I bought one in natural black instead.

Once I opened up the pack, this is what was inside:

The instructions were quite clear, but slightly long - I would have preferred if there was also a summary stating how many drops of liquid and how much dye cream to use and for how long to leave it on, instead of me having to go through all the instructions to get this information.

Obviously, I have experience with DIYs when it comes to dying hair, so I thought that long and detailed instructions aren't necessary, but I'm sure that some might find them useful.

Apart from the instructions, the dye kit contained the developer liquid, dye cream, application wand and a dish to mix the products in.

The instructions say to mix 2.5cm of cream with 10 drops of developer liquid - as I wasn't going to dye my eyelashes, I decided to half it and use 1.25cm of cream and 5 drops of developer liquid instead (and I still had leftover product). 

The cream and liquid took a little while to get mixed together - it looked gluggy and separated at first, but after a little while, it all came together and it was ready to use!

The application wand isn't the best - it's not bad for the brows, but if I were to dye my lashes, I would definitely use either a disposable mascara wand (Manicare does good ones!!!) or a mascara wand from an old mascara (if you chuck these out when you are done with your mascara, you might want to reconsider - mascara wands are super useful!) to get better, more even coverage.

The instructions said to leave the dye on for 6 minutes - I left it on for a little less than that, as I didn't want my eyebrows to be very very dark.  After I wiped the eyebrows off (note that you need to use Vaseline around the brows, so you don't stain your skin!), I was left with eyebrows that were slightly darker than what I expected, but after washing them, they looked normal and very natural, just darker!!! 

I'm very impressed with this product and I will most definitely repurchase it because it has lived up to its claims and it's pretty affordable - if you were to use a recommended amount of product, cost per application  is $1.58 and if you are like me and decide to use less product, you will end up with 24 applications out of this package and it will cost you only $0.79!!! Now compare that to eyebrow and eyelash tinting at a salon!!! A lot cheaper, huh?!

So if you are like me and have light eyebrows and wish that they were darker, give 1000Hour Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit a go and you will not regret it!!!

How you used 1000Hour Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit before? What are your thoughts?

Ms Jelena xx

 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
January 2012 / February 2012 / March 2012 / April 2012 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]